Rhode Island Commission on the Deaf and Hard of Hearing and the Board of Commissioners are pleased to announce that they are now accepting applications for the RICDHH Executive Director role! We invite you to review the Rhode Island Commission on the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Executive Director Search Prospectus. It includes information for potential applicants for the position, including an overview of the Commission, a profile of the leadership characteristics and capabilities of the ideal candidate, and a description of the required qualifications and job duties.
The Rhode Island Commission on the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (RICDHH) Executive Director leadership profile was developed with input from focus groups representing a diverse makeup of stakeholders from the RICDHH community, including over 20 participants and over 50 responses to the community survey.
The minimum qualifications for the RICDHH Executive Director are:
- BA/BS (Master’s Degree preferred) from an accredited college or university in an appropriate discipline.
- Five years of progressive experience as an administrator of programs and/or services related to Deaf and Hard of Hearing individuals.
- Knowledge of Deaf Culture, the impact of hearing loss, and various methods of communication used by Deaf or Hard of Hearing individuals.
- Knowledge of services and programs for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Sensitivity and ability to work with various people, especially Deaf and Hard of Hearing people.
- Fluent in American Sign Language
RICDHH is seeking a leader who fits the following leader profile:
- Responsive to Dynamic Needs & Interests
- A Clear & Transparent Communicator
- Invested in Team Success
- A Cultivator of Trust & Collaboration
- A Confident & Capable Administrator
The full leader profile with a detailed description of each characteristic is available at the following link: RICDHH Executive Director Prospectus
If you know of an ideal candidate who may be qualified for the Rhode Island Commission on the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Executive Director, please share the prospectus with them. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. All applications submitted by noon on Friday, January 27, 2023, will receive full consideration. More information about the opportunity to attend the RICDHH Executive Director finalist community forums will be shared in a future search update.
About Rhode Island Commission on the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
The Rhode Island Commission on the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (RICDHH) is an advocating, coordinating, and service-providing entity committed to promoting an environment in which deaf and hard of hearing individuals in Rhode Island are afforded equal opportunity in all aspects of their lives. For more information about the Rhode Island Commission on the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, please visit www.cdhh.ri.gov.
About Innivee Strategies, Inc.
Innivee Strategies provides a systemic framework for organizations to facilitate a strong strategic direction toward the desired vision. Our services include Executive Search & Transition, Governance Training & Consulting, Strategic Planning, Executive Support Systems, Leadership Development, and Guided Facilitation. Please visit our website at www.innivee.com to learn about our clients and their testimonies about how our services have benefited their organizations.